Last revised November, 2016
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, or email add “Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Site or Services, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you: Provide us with information on or through our Site;
- Create an account;
- Contact us through e-mail, telephone, mail, or other correspondence; or
- Otherwise provide us with Personal Information.
The Personal Information we may collect may include:
- When you create an account, your first and last name, contact information, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address, and information regarding your employment, such as your title and employer;
- Information regarding your use of our Site and Services. For example we may collect the frequency of your access to and use of the Site and Services, your duration of use (both per session and over time), and the features of the Site and Services you use and how you use them. We may associate this information with your account information and other personal information;
- Any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to submit to us.
When you visit our Site, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information may include your domain name and your IP address. We may also collect other general information (such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files and features you access or request). We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Site and Services. The amount of information that is sent by your web browser depends on the browser and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser if you want to learn more about what information it sends to websites you visit, or how you may change or restrict this.
We may use a feature on your browser called a "cookie" and/or other similar technologies. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your device’s hard drive. They are used for a variety of reasons, such as tracking click streams, and for load balancing. Information tracked through these mechanisms may include, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; and (iii) the pages and features of the Site and Services a user visits, uses or views. Your browser gives you the option to reject cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies generally hinders the browser's performance and will adversely affect your experience while using our Site.
We use Google Analytics, and other third parties, to determine how visitors use and engage with our Site, identify Site usage patterns, and track the use of our Site by individual users. You may find more information about the collection and use of information through Google Analytics, including how to opt-out, at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.HOW PLITEQ USES AND DISCLOSES PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Operate our Site and provide our Services in accordance with our Terms of Service;
- Send you messages to facilitate your creation of an account, and to set or reset your password;
- Respond to your questions or inquiries;
- To conduct market research and surveys;
- To conduct promotional activities;
- To improve our products, Services and Site, including to better tailor our Services, Site, and our representative’s interactions and/or offerings to you according to your perceived interests and needs (for example, by presenting content, ads or offers that we think may be of interest to you);
- To send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive;
- To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent;
- To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
If you have provided us with your Personal Information, but later decide you no longer want us to send you any information, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe message in our commercial communications.
Certain features of the Site may include graph plotting tools (“Graphing Tools”) which allow you to submit information and create graphs in accordance with our Terms of Service. When you choose to use a Graphing Tool, we use the information you provide for the purpose of providing you with the Graphing Tool.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers that assist us with carrying out these purposes. We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should any such transaction be proposed. We may also use, or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us, including without limitation, our Terms of Service; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property, including without limitation, by investigating and preventing fraudulent use of the Site and Services. Lastly, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent.
Personal Information collected online may be combined with information you have provided to Pliteq through other sources.HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards intended to help protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access. Personal Information may be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third-party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law. Personal Information we collect is managed at our offices in Toronto, Ontario, and on servers located in Virginia, United States.
Although we have taken measures to help protect our Site, Services, computer systems and any Personal Information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers and/or servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, the United Kingdom, Dubai, and Singapore, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.ACCESS AND RECTIFICATION
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to Pliteq and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with an explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.CHILDREN AND PARENTS
Pliteq does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If a child has already provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- access Personal Information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it, or request that it be deleted;
- request the deletion of Personal Information regarding your minor child; or
Please advise us by contacting our Privacy Officer by writing to 131 Royal Group Crescent, Woodbridge Ontario Canada, L4H 1X9. You may also call us at +1-416-449-0049.